Japanese supermarkets have whole aisles dedicated to instant noodles but there are few that are as instantly recognizable as Maruchan's Akai Kitsune Udon. The white wheat noodles topped with a slice of fried abura-age tofu in a white and red cup are as part of Japanese cuisine as the same dish served hot and handmade at any udon restaurant. The Akai Kitsune Instant Noodles Rubik's Cube is a playful take on this iconic food product, combining its iconic looks with what is probably the most famous puzzle of all time!
Inside the Akai Kitsune Instant Noodles Rubik's Cube cup you do indeed find some (plastic) noodles, but the main item is a Rubik's Cube with its squares now featuring reliefs of the udon noodles and the abura-age tofu for you. Unlike a regular Rubik's Cube, you only need to solve one side by bringing the abura-age pieces together. This is a unique toy and puzzle that allows you to go deep into Japan's gastronomical culture!
The Akai Kitsune Instant Noodles Rubik's Cube features:
- Resembles Akai Kitsune instant udon noodles
- Dimensions: 58 x 58 x 62 mm (2.2 x 2.2 x 2.4")
- Do not pour hot water over the cube toy
- Instruction paper looks like real instant noodle soup pack
- Instructions: Japanese (but can be played as a regular Rubik's Cube)
- Images show regular Akai Kitsune instant noodles cup for comparison/reference only (not included)