It isn't something you will find in travel guides for Japan but if you move around Tokyo for a few days, you will notice it: the clothes and equipment of construction workers is nothing like you have seen anywhere else! Workplace safety is taken very seriously in Japan, especially by people who work in high places, who do it with a rig that makes them look like futuristic soldiers. And in these rigs, a fall arrest system like the Tajima HA Haul Safety Harness Set is perhaps the most essential feature!
The heart of the Tajima HA Haul Safety Harness Set is the company's fall protection harness, a four-point system that ties around your shoulders and thighs, making it impossible to slip out (think the harness skydivers wear). Add two fall-arrest D-rings that attach to the back with a 1.5 m (4.9 ft) lanyard and a 4 kN shock absorber, and you have a system that can take a free fall of up to 2.3 m (7.5 ft) for anyone with a weight of up to 100 kg (220.4 lbs). And it's light too: just 2.43 kg (5.35 lbs)!
Specs and Features:
- One size fits all (for heights 155-185 cm/5-6 ft)
- Color: black
- Shock absorber: 4 kN
- Load-bearing capacity: max. 100 kg (220.4 lbs)
- Lanyard length: 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
- Weight: 2.43 kg (5.35 lbs)
- Max. free fall distance: 2.3 m (7.5 ft) with harness, 1.8 m (5.9 ft) with body belt only
- Max. drop distance: 4.1 m (13.5 ft) with harness, 3.1 m (10.2 ft) with body belt only
- Special strap to accommodate tool belt
- Comes with 2 fall-arrest L8 D-rings, shoulder pads, back Y-pad, 2 hook attachment rings
- Aluminum parts