In the west, it's mostly known for very specific uses (like patio furniture) but in Japan bamboo has been used for centuries for the creation of countless objects of daily use, including tableware. And then, about 30 years ago, along came the good people of Nakayoshi Shoji in Tokyo and combined the idea of Western-style drinkware with traditional Japanese bamboo craftsmanship to create the Riveret Wooden Drinking Cup series, consisting of three exquisitely shaped pieces in two different textures each.
Be it the "bourgogne" (Burgundy) wine glass, the beer mug, or the gimlet (also great for martinis!) version, and in either the white or the brown shade, the Riveret Bamboo Drinking Cups will immediately find a way to your heart thanks to the superb quality of the moso (tortoise-shell) bamboo used to create them, along with their meticulous finish and organic and nature feel. Wine, beer, or cocktails - they will definitely taste and look better in these superb examples of Japanese craftsmanship!
The Riveret Bamboo Drinking Cups features:
- Versions: bourgogne, beer mug, gimlet
- Color/texture: white, brown
- Dimensions (bourgogne): 64 x 190 x 72 mm (2.5 x 7.4 x 2.8")
- Dimensions (beer mug): 78 x 140 x 74 mm (3 x 5.5x 2.9")
- Dimensions (gimlet): 90 x 140 x 65 mm (3.5 x 5.5 x 2.5")
- Weight (bourgogne): 260 g (9.1 oz)
- Weight (beer mug): 210 g (7.4 oz)
- Weight (gimlet): 250 g (8.8 oz)
- Dishwasher-safe (temperatures up to 70°C/158°F, no-bleach detergents)
- Material: moso bamboo
- Coating: urethane