He has only been around for about 20 years but the brown bear Rilakkuma, created by the illustrator Aki Kondo for the cute animals maestros San-X, has become a great success in Japan, mostly because it isn't just cute but also a little weird: so relaxed that's borderline lazy and with a zipper in its back that suggests it isn's a real bear but perhaps something else entirely, Rilakkuma is certainly not your typical teddy bear. And you can also tell that by looking at the Rilakkuma Cup Humidifier: would your usual teddy bear take a bath in a cup of coffee?!
The Rilakkuma Cup Humidifier, though, isn't just a novelty item featuring a cute (and a little weird) character: it's also a humidifier that you can fill with water (up to 250 ml/8.5 fl oz) and have it discharge it either continuously or interrupted (every 15 seconds it will stop for three and then starts again) for approximately six hours. For power, you can plug it into any USB port (it comes with an approximately 100 cm, or 3.3 feet, USB cable) and it is just 12.5 x 12.2 x 9.7 cm (4.9 x 4.8 x 3.8"), so you can even carry it to your office every day and have it improve the air around your computer!
Specs and Features:
- Operating modes: continuous, intermittent (stops for 3 secs. every 15 secs.)
- Continuous operation time: approx. 6 hours
- Humidification method: ultrasonic
- Dimensions: approx. 12.5 x 12.2 x 9.7 cm (4.9 x 4.8 x 3.8")
- Power: USB
- Maximum cup capacity: 250 ml (8.5 fl oz)
- USB cable length: approx. 100 cm (3.3 ft)
- Comes with 8-page booklet (Japanese), 3 water supply wicks
- Instructions/manual: Japanese