If you ask any Japanese, especially those over 40, they will tell you that a crucial element of the autumn is the song of the baked sweet potato seller as he moves with his truck around the neighborhoods. And of course, the taste of yaki-imo, the baked purple potato, is part of the Japanese autumn's gastronomic experience, which you can now duplicate in your kitchen with the Pieria Baked Sweet Potato and Toasted Sandwich Maker – without coals, open fire, or truck!
The trick behind the Pieria Baked Sweet Potato and Toasted Sandwich Maker and the one that gives the appliance its name is that it comes with alternate plates: you can use the flat plates for regular sandwiches/toast or you can use the curved plates for sweet potatoes. It's that simple yet ingenious! When closed, it is just 35 x 25 x 15 cm (13.7 x 9.8 x 5.9"), so won't get in the way even in a small kitchen, and it has a timer that goes up to 60 minutes, long enough to bake a couple of sweet potatoes to perfection!
Specs and Features:
- For making toasted sandwiches and baked/roasted sweet potato
- Comes with 2 potato plates, 2 flat plates
- Timer: max. 60 minutes
- Dimensions (closed): approx. 35 x 25 x 15 cm (13.7 x 9.8 x 5.9")
- Operating power: AC 100 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 1,000 W
- Power cord length (from timer to power plug): approx. 1.4 m (4.5 ft)
- Weight: approx. 2.8 kg (6.1 lbs) (potato plate), approx. 3 kg (6.6 lbs) (flat plate)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese