You don't need to be the type of person who drinks champagne on a daily basis to appreciate the Overflow Bottle Cap. Besides, how many people actually drink champagne on a daily basis? This small, clever item keeps the contents of any bottle (and not just wine bottle) fresh for days, provided its neck is between 1.8 and 2 cm (0.7 and 0.8") in diameter. And it will look as if the contents of the bottle is frothing and overflowing, as does indeed all too often happen with champagne or any other sparkling wine or beverage.
The Overflow Bottle Cap has been created by renowned Tokyo designer Taku Omura and received the 2017 h concept Design Competition Award of Excellence thanks to its clever concept and implementation that adds a playful note to even something as mundane as a household accessory for storing leftover drinks. It is available in two colors, champagne white and rosé pink, and measures 3.8 x 3.1 x 3.5 cm (1.4 x 1.2 x 1.3").
Specs and Features:
- Stopper/cap for bottles, including wine bottles
- Unique "frothing" design
- Colors: champagne white, rosé pink
- Dimensions: approx. 3.8 x 3.1 x 3.5 cm (1.4 x 1.2 x 1.3")
- Weight: approx. 18 g (0.6 oz)
- For bottles with a neck diameter of 1.8-2 cm (0.7-0.8")
- Design: Taku Omura
- Winner of the 2017 h concept Design Competition Award of Excellence