it isn't just the almost mandatory use of masks because of the Covid pandemic: between air-conditioning systems, dust, and air pollution, modern life often leaves us with our mouth, nose, and throat dry. While we can do something for our throat (water: lots of it!), our mouth and nose are literally left to dry. At least until the Omron NE-S20 Inhaler came along, which promises to change this with a compact and light device.
The Omron NE-S20 Inhaler is, in essence, a nebulizer or such sophisticated electric spray like those used for medicinal reasons by people with asthma or other breathing conditions. In this case, though, it works with just plain water (10 ml, or 0.3 fl oz, of it), released in doses of 0.5 to 2 ml, and can deliver these doses for about three hours on two AA alkaline batteries. The spray delivered is really fine - between 10 to 22 μm - and it comes through a filter that you can change every time. The NE-S20 comes with 30 of them, so your first month of fully moisturized nose and mouth is guaranteed!
Specs and Features:
- For moisturizing mouth/throat
- Spray particle size: approx. 10-22 μm
- Spray volume: 0.5-2 ml (0.02-0.07 fl oz)
- Water bottle volume: 10 ml (0.3 fl oz)
- Dimensions: approx. 45 x 125 x 70 mm (1.7 x 4.9 x 3.1")
- Weight (without batteries): approx. 110 g (3.8 oz)
- Power: DC3V (2 x AA alkaline batteries), DC 2.4V (2 x AA nickel metal hydride batteries), AC 100V, 50-60 Hz 8VA5W (AC adapter not included)
- Operating sound: not exceeding 25 dB
- Continuous operating time: approx. 3 hours (on AA alkaline batteries)
- Comes with: water supply bottle, 30 disposable meshes/filters
- Instructions/manual: Japanese