Although they are usually made of glass or porcelain, choko (sake cups) often come in tin. Because of its high thermal conductivity, tin is good for both cold and hot drinks, so it works with any type of sake (not all sake are meant to be drunk hot). And yet there's something more than the choice of metal itself that makes the Nousaku Hammered Sake Cup Kit great for personal use or as a gift: you can use it right out of the box, of course, but you can use the included hammer and mould to give it a more traditional look!
The Nousaku Hammered Sake Cup Kit comes from Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture, well known for its metalworking craftsmanship for 400 years. You can get yours with either one or two 51 x 57 mm (2 x 2.2"), 60 ml (2.2 fl oz)-capacity cups made of 100% tin. You also get a stainless steel mallet and an ABS resin mold for giving your cup(s) the hammered look that is characteristic of Takaoka tinware. Enjoy your sake and get a taste of Japan's shokunin-damashii (craftsman spirit) with this magnificent set!
Specs and Features:
- Options: 1 cup, 2 cups
- Includes mallet and plastic mold
- Cup dimensions: 51 x 57 mm (2 x 2.2")
- Mold dimensions: 52 x 63 mm (2 x 2.4")
- Hammer dimensions: 50 x 12 mm (1.9 x 0.5")
- Cup capacity: 60 cc/ml (2.2 fl oz)
- Materials: tin, ABS resin, stainless steel
- Made in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture