Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you: that is Stuart and Dave, two of the Minions from the Despicable Me franchise. You didn't think that cute characters like the Minions wouldn't become an instant hit in Japan, did you? The reason you might not have recognized them immediately is that in the Minions Hinamatsuri Girls' Doll Set, they're dressed as the emperor and empress in traditional Japanese Hinamatsuri (aka Dolls' Day or Girls' Day) attire, namely Heian period (794-1185) aristocratic clothes – hats, hair, and all!
Like all Hinamatsuri sets, the Minions dolls also come with accessories: a golden folding screen for a backdrop, lamps and flower vases for decoration, and two stands with the three-tiered, diamond-shaped hishi mochi rice cakes that symbolize fertility and good health. All this on a black MDF pedestal that makes the set ideal for display, as any real Hinamatsuri set should!
Specs and Features:
- Licensed Minions merchandise
- 2 figures: Stuart and Dave
- Dimensions: 40 x 20 x 25 cm (15.7 x 7.9 x 9.8")
- Comes with folding screen, pedestal, lamps, vases with flowers, hishi mochi rice cakes
- Materials: polyester resin, lacquered MDF, paper
- Glass case not included