In the Neon Genesis Evangelion franchise, undoubtedly one of the most successful in the Japanese anime industry, the ATF (or Absolute Terror Fields) are Octagon barriers used by Angels and Evangelions mega-cyborgs to protect themselves. Is there a more fitting metaphor for the Mandom Evangelion Unit-01 AT Field Safety Sneakers, a pair of safety footwear that offers the protection needed for hard work like construction or heavy industries? Made by Marugo, one of Japan's oldest makers of jika-tabi, the split-toe, rubber-soled canvas boots used by workers all over the country, these shoes would be great even if the company hadn't teamed up with Evangelion!
They did collaborate, though, and the result is these Mandom Evangelion Unit-01 AT Field Safety Sneakers, great not only in terms of specs (oil-resistant soles, steel toecaps, breathable, compliance with the Japan Safety Appliances Association standards, available in a range of sizes, etc.), but also in their awesome look! Purple with a green EVA 1 logo on the side - the colors of the Eva Unit-01 Test Type - they are perfect footwear for a wide range of occasions.
The Mandom Evangelion Unit-01 AT Field Safety Sneakers feature:
- Officially licensed Evangelion merchandise
- Color: purple with green EVA 1 logo
- Sizes: 24 (US 6, EU 38.7), 25 (US 7, EU 40), 26 (US 8, EU 41), 26.5 (US 8.5, EU 42), 27 (US 9, EU 42.5), 28 (US 10, EU 44)
- Weight: 410 g (14.4 oz)
- Oil-resistant compound sole
- Impact-absorbing heel
- Steel toecaps
- Breathable knitted fabric
- Japan Safety Appliances Association standards-compliant