Kinkakuji, or the Temple of the Golden Pavilion, is perhaps Japan's most photographed spot. So why not bring a taste of Kyoto's most famous temple to your table with the Kinkakuji Temple of the Golden Pavilion Dinnerware Set, a unique way to serve your family of dinner guests?
This beautiful ceramic likeness of the famous temple is made with Nagasaki's Hasami-yaki school of pottery. It opens up to reveal a full dinnerware set with plates, a cup, trays and even a chopstick rest. Practically everything you need to serve a full Japanese meal in the most appropriate way. Add in a paulownia box for storage (all traditional Japanese pottery comes with one) and a bilingual leaflet explaining how to use the dishes (and which also serves as a mat in the style of a temple garden), and you truly have the perfect dinner party set.
The Kinkakuji Temple of the Golden Pavilion Dinnerware Set features:
- Set of square plates x 1 (large, small), square trays x 3 (2 large, 1 small), cup/bowl, chopstick stand x 1 (no chopsticks)
- Size (when assembled): 24 x 24 x 24.5cm (9.4 x 9.4 x 9.6")
- Box size: 27.3 x 29.5 x 19cm (10.7 x 11.6 x 7.4")
- Made from Hasami-yaki pottery
- Includes bilingual (Japanese, English) leaflet with information about the pottery
- Each item is made by hand so sizes and designs may vary slightly
- Made in Nagasaki, Japan
- Comes in paulownia storage/gift box