Kameyama, Japan's biggest and most innovative candle-maker, creates all kinds of candles and incense, many available here at Japan Trend Shop. But if you want the best of both worlds, nothing beats the Kameyama Waka no Miyabi Traditional Candle Set. This exquisite set carries, as its name suggests, an air of "miyabi" - translated as "refinement," "elegance," or "grace" - that takes Japanese aesthetic to a whole other level, starting with the paulownia wood box and encompassing the chrysanthemum shape of the candles and their pastel colors.
Each of the four candles in the Kameyama Waka no Miyabi Traditional Candle Set lasts for about three hours. The incense sticks in the three packs last for 19 minutes, making them excellent for a range of uses - from timing a meditation session to just changing the atmosphere of a room when you are having guests. The fragrance of both candles and incense sticks if floral to match their appearance but much care has been put to achieve a subtle, elusive effect that fits classic Japanese aesthetics. A set fit for the Imperial Palace and here available for everyone!
The Kameyama Waka no Miyabi Traditional Candle Set features:
- Contains 4 candles, 3 packs of incense sticks
- Burn time (candle): approx. 3 hours
- Burn time (incense): approx. 19 minutes
- Comes with paulownia wood box
- Scent: floral
- Dimensions (candle): 45 x 20 mm (1.7 x 0.7")
- Dimensions (box): 200 x 240 x 50 mm (7.8 x 9.4 x 1.9")
- Dimensions (plate): 74.5 x 16 mm (2.9.4 x 0.6")
- Weight: 600 g (21 oz)