Shinsengumi was a police force in the Edo period that protected the local population from anti-shogunate forces. As you might expect, they were armed - in this case, with very specific types of swords. Created by respected scissors manufacturer Nikken, these Japanese Shinsengumi Police Sword Paper Knife is a series of three letter openers recreating the designs of famous swords used by members of the Shinsengumi.
The Soji Okita model, with a white handle, was the sword wielded by the captain of the Shinsengumi's first unit.
Kondo Isami's sword has a gold handle, as elegant as you might expect from the overall commander of the Shinsengumi force.
Saito Hajime was a unit captain and master swordsman renowned throughout the ranks of the Shinsengumi. His sword has a sophisticated brown handle.
These swords are miniature, realistic blades that serve as paper knives or letter openers as well as ornaments that make a great conversational piece for any desk or home office. The blades are carefully handmade by genuine Japanese artisans. Each knife comes with its own traditional sword stand and scabbard, so you can display the sword and sheath separately or, for safety and peace of mind, you can sheath the sword to ensure young kids don't hurt themselves when they pick up the knife.
The Japanese Shinsengumi Police Sword Paper Knife features:
- Paper knife (letter opener)
- 3 famous Shinsengumi sword design
- Carefully handmade by blade artisans
- Model: Okita Soji, Kondo Isami, Saito Hajime
- Okita Soji handle color: white
- Kondo Isami handle color: gold tea
- Saito Hajime handle color: tea
- All 3 paper knives are the same length and weight
- Full length: 210 mm (8.3")
- Blade thickness: 1.8 mm (0.07")
- Full width: 23 mm (0.9")
- Full thickness: 18 mm (0.7")
- Weight: 35 g (1.2 oz)
- Materials: stainless steel blade, ABS, elastomer, ABS
- Handle with caution
- Made in Japan
0.3Kg / 0.66lbs