If there is one shape all Japanese learn from the time they are in kindergarten, it's that of the cherry blossom. Any Japanese person will immediately feel something extremely homey when they see the Hiracle Sakura Mini Plates Set, in any of its three incarnations (white, pink, or a mixed white and pink), because these two-piece Kutani-yaki porcelain combinations are made to look like the real thing!
Even though the cherry blossom shape is there, though, the design of the four pieces that make up the Hiracle Sakura Mini Plates Set is quite unique: the two larger plates are round, embossed with the shape of the cherry blossom, while the two smaller ones are like cutouts of the blossoms that can be nested in the bigger ones. That way, you can use them in four different ways: just the bigger ones, just the smaller ones, both side by side, and one inside the other. And if you put a dark-colored condiment in them, like soy sauce, it forms the shape of cherry blossom and transforms your table into a Japanese garden!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: white, pink, white & pink
- 4 plates (2 of each size)
- Dimensions (medium-sized plate): 100 x 26 mm (3.9 x 1")
- Dimensions (small plate): 60 x 60 x 15 mm (2.4 x 0.6")
- Weight (medium-sized plate): approx. 88 g (3.1 oz)
- Weight (small plate): approx. 16 g (0.6 oz)
- Small plates can fit inside medium-sized plates
- Material: Kutani-yaki porcelain
- Microwave, dishwasher compatible