It opened in 2001, a little after the release of Spirited Away, arguably Hayao Miyazaki's greatest work and one of the greatest anime of all time. In the years since, the Ghibli Museum has become as much a part of the Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli universe and of anime culture in general as the films by the studio's maestro themselves. Fans of Miyazaki's work visit it year-round and after the exhibits, never neglect to stop at its shop and get some of the unique items it offers – items like the Ghibli Museum My Neighbor Totoro Cat Train Pen!
At first glance, the Ghibli Museum My Neighbor Totoro Cat Train Pen looks like a pen with an illustration of the Catbus from My Neighbor Tororo. But if you look more closely, you see it isn't a regular Catbus but a Cat Train, whose passengers aren't just Totoro and Mei but also No-Face, Oshira-sama (Radish Spirit), and Otori-sama bird from Spirited Away. This train doesn't appear in either film: it was part of the commercials for the opening of the museum, so this 126.5 x 7.7 mm (5 x 0.3") ballpoint pen made of PEFC forest-certified wood is a unique, one-of-a-kind item!
Specs and Features:
- Official Ghibli Museum merchandise
- Collaboration with Penon pen manufacturer
- Ink color: black (gel type)
- Dimensions: approx. 126.5 x 7.7 mm (5 x 0.3")
- Ballpoint diameter: 0.5 mm (0.02")
- Weight: 7 g (0.24")
- Materials: PEFC forest-certified wood (incense cedar/hinoki cypress), stainless steel, polypropylene, brass
- Made in Japan