You like anime and appreciate the work of Hayao Miyazaki, the director perhaps the closest the anime world has to an auteur. And you love Totoro, the forest spirit that is the main character in Miyazaki's 1988 masterpiece, My Neighbor Totoro, and have bought all kinds or merchandise of him. Isn't it time to take your fandom to the next level and create one yourself? Yes, now you can – with the Ghibli Museum DIY Totoro Plush Toy Kit!
Produced by the studio's dedicated museum in the west of Tokyo, the Ghibli Museum DIY Totoro Plush Toy Kit contains everything you need to make your own 9 x 10.5 cm (3.5 x 4.1") Totoro. All the parts are there, including Totoro's ears, face, back, belly, and tail and you also get a strap so when he's finished you can hang him anywhere you like. You have to provide some simple tools like a needle, pair of scissors, and tape measure, and the rest is simple: just follow the illustrated instruction sheet and your own, handmade Totoro is just an hour away!
Specs and Features:
- Official Ghibli Museum merchandise
- Contains: Totoro ears, face, back, belly, tail, hanging string, thread, wadding, strap, illustrated instruction sheet
- Necessary equipment: sewing needle, pin, scissors, ruler or tape measure, pen that can write on fabric
- Dimensions (when completed): approx. 9 x 10.5 cm (3.5 x 4.1")
- Weight: 40 g (1.4 oz)
- Materials: polyester, iron, copper, nylon
- Instructions/manual: Japanese (but illustrated)