Those who know it as a motorcycle manufacturer are surprised at its three-tuning forks logo, but the truth is that the company founded by Torakusu Yamaha in 1887 was primarily a music instrument maker and remains one of Japan's (and the world's) greatest. The Yamaha YVS-140 Tenor Venova Casual Wind Instrument is proof that the company has never stopped innovating and trying to make music more accessible. Simply put, this is a saxophone that is as easy to play as a recorder!
Light (it's made of ABS resin and weighs a mere 438 g/14.5 oz) and with a two-octave range (one octave below and one above middle C), the Yamaha YVS-140 Tenor Venova Casual Wind Instrument offers a full sound thanks to its mouthpiece, ligature, and reed that are as real as any tenor saxophone's. But it has a simpler fingering system that you can get used to after only a few minutes of playing. If you always wanted to play the saxophone but were just too intimidated by the real thing, the Venova is a great alternative - or a great way to get your feet wet before taking the plunge with a regular saxophone!
Specs and Features:
- Model: YVS-140
- Saxophonic sound
- Key: C range (C28-C52, 2 octaves)
- Body type: two-piece
- Dimensions (with mouthpiece and cap): 697 x 218 x 60 mm (27.4 x 8.5 x 2.3")
- Weight (with mouthpiece and cap): 438 g (15.5 oz)
- Color: white
- Comes with mouthpiece (equivalent to Yamaha 4C mouthpiece for tenor saxophones), mouthpiece cap, ligature, synthetic (resin) reed, cleaning swab, case (with strap)
- Material: ABS resin
- Instructions/manual: Japanese