It just isn't a Japanese summer if you don't spend it with a cup of kakigori shaved ice cooling your hand, mouth and, if you are Japanese, soul. Flavored with syrup (if you are traditional) or ice cream (if you are more avant-garde), these fluffy flakes are the quintessential Japanese summer experience. And if you really want them to be fluffy like snow, the Watayuki Electric Kakigori Machine is your best option.
Easy to use (and even to store because it collapsed into two pieces that fit one inside the other) the Watayuki Electric Kakigori Machine has a secret: it warms the ice before shaving it, creating flakes softer than you have ever tried. Just put some water in the containers, let it freeze, keep it out for a few minutes to start "sweating," put it in the machine, and start shaving. Easy and amazingly delicious!
The Watayuki Electric Kakigori Machine features:
- Extra fluffy kakigori (Japanese-style shaved ice)
- Dimensions: 200 x 210 x 445 mm (7.8 x 8.2 x 17.5")
- Weight: 2,060 g (4.5 lbs)
- Materials: ABS, silicon, POM, PE, stainless, PP
- Power: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 105 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1.1 m (3'6")
- Comes with 2 ice containers
- Includes recipe book (in Japanese)
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)