Geometrical patterns in red, black and yellow alongside cats with balls of yarn: it sounds too modern or too weird, but it is classic kimono style, at least from early-to-mid 20th century. The Japanese have been great fans of cat images (you can even find them in famous ukiyo-e woodblock prints), so they fit perfectly with a summer yukata, i.e. light cotton kimono, just like this Vintage Cat Yukata Kimono Set.
As the name suggests, the Vintage Cat Yukata Kimono Set by Nico Antique isn't just a high-quality, 100% cotton yukata (i.e. summer kimono). It also contains an obi sash and a pair of geta clogs, making you ready for a day or evening summer outing. Or you can still use it as a bathrobe. After all, this is what the name "yukata" actually means and people all over Japan still use them this way after a visit to the public bath. A beautiful and stylish addition to any Japanophile's wardrobe!
The Vintage Cat Yukata Kimono Set features:
- Includes yukata, obi, geta (bag not included)
- Yukata made of 100% cotton
- Obi sash made of polyester
- Geta clogs made of paulownia wood
- Yukata length: 170cm (5.5 ft)
- Sleeve length: 49cm (19.2")
- Back-of-the-neck seam to end of the sleeve length: 69cm (27.1")
- Suitable for heights 165-175cm (5.4 ft-5.7 ft)