Pottery is one of Japan's great traditional arts: Japanese potters have been creating masterpieces of form and function for centuries and there are families, especially in western Japan, that have been perfecting their craft for tens of generations. The Shigaraki Pottery Designer Bicycle Stand is one such product mixing the elements of "wafu" (classic Japanese style) with a very practical need: a way to keep your bicycle standing up.
Made by the heirs of the Yamatatsu pottery tradition in the Shigaraki area of Shiga Prefecture, this unique item matches almost any bicycle, and can be used indoors or out. Its simple, smooth yet elegant lines, various colors, and characteristic Shigaraki texture all add up to an exquisite sculpture that no one would believe is also a functional piece of equipment for your bicycle. The Shigaraki Pottery Designer Bicycle Stand is truly a masterpiece of Japanese craftsmanship that will stand out in every environment.
The Shigaraki Pottery Designer Bicycle Stand features:
- Color: white, red, deep blue, glazed blue, black, brown
- Size: 24 x 27cm (9.4 x 10.6)
- Bicycle slot: 6cm (2.3"), fits the front wheel of most bicycles
- Weight: 7kg (15.4 lbs)
- Material: clay treated with silicone for extra durability against the elements
- Made in a traditional Shigaraki kiln, Japan