Onigiri rice balls are a staple of Japan's soul food repertoire: from school lunches to teenagers' fast food or something to munch on when traveling, you can find them anywhere in Japan and in countless flavors. And, as the Seal Onigiri and Bento Lunchbox Art Set proves, in many shapes too! Onigiri don't always need to be ball- or triangle-shaped: this kit allows you to add a cute touch, shaping them into seals.
Other than the rice and nori seaweed, which you can easily find in your local supermarket, the Seal Onigiri and Bento Lunchbox Art Set has everything you will need to transform the rice in your cooker into cute seals, tail, flippers and all. Use the mold to shape the rice into the seal's body. Then use the cutter and the mat to make the details out of seaweed, put them on the body, and it's ready to eat! A great addition to your chlidren's lunchbox or to your Japanese buffet... and delicious too!
The Seal Onigiri and Bento Lunchbox Art Set features:
- Size (rice mold): 16 x 5 x 4.5cm (6.2 x 1.9 x 1.7”)
- Size (nori seaweed cutters): 13 x 5 x 1.5cm (5.1 x 1.9 x 0.5”)
- Size (cutting mat): 7 x 4.5 x 0.3cm (2.7 x 1.7 x 0.11”)
- Heat resistance: 120°C/ 248°F (rice mold), 80°C/176°F (cutters), 180°C/356°F (mat)
- Weight (rice mold): 30g (1 oz)
- Weight (nori cutter): 15g (0.5 oz)
- Weight (cutting mat): 10g (0.3 oz)
- Materials: polypropylene (rice mold), ABS (cutter), silicone (mat)
- Rice, seaweed and other ingredients not included
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)