It's never too early for children to get their hands on their first computer and tablets are the best way to do it: they are small, simpler, and can be carried everywhere, which is ideal for a child's active lifestyle. If you share that belief but still think your Android tablet or iPad are too complicated for your five-year-old and would like something friendlier, you should consider the Pokemon My Pad, the latest fruit of a collaboration between Nintendo and top Japanese toy maker Takara Tomy.
Small enough to be handled by a child (its dimensions are 210 x 290 x 60 mm, 8.3 x 11.4 x 2.4") and coming with a specialized pen/stylus, the device uses the Pokemon-theme interface to make education easier and more fun. Writing, doing puzzles, organizing a calendar, playing music, and more are just some of the tasks included in its six different applications, which feature 81 different menus with almost 3,000 different problems for the children to solve!
Specs and Features:
- Official Pokemon merchandise
- Education toy for learning Japanese, English, math, etc.
- 20 different tasks
- 6 different applications including calendar, sketch pad, puzzles, music, etc.
- 81 different menus
- Approx. 3,000 different problems
- Dimensions: 210 x 290 x 60 mm (8.3 x 11.4 x 2.4")
- Weight: 500 g (1.1 lbs)
- Comes with pen/stylus and AC adapter
- For ages 5 and up
- Instructions/manual: Japanese