Most train lovers in Japan have one thing in common: their love for trains started with either Thomas the Tank Engine or with one of Takaratomy's Plarail trains sets, and often with both. So it was only natural that the company that has been making the world's most popular toy trains for almost 60 years would combine it with the lovable little engine that is an international star. And this is how our Plarail Thomas the Tank Engine Steam Set was born!
Besides the cute little engine, what makes the Japan-exclusive Plarail Thomas the Tank Engine Steam Set stand out is that the locomotive actually runs on steam! You fill his tank from the water tower in the set. After a few circuits, the steam starts to come out of the chimney. Thomas will also make sounds and talk in Japanese. When Thomas is out of steam, you can return him to the tower, refill, and off you go again! This set promises hours of fun, particularly if you combine Thomas with other Plarail parts: add more to create new routes that Thomas can run on!
The Plarail Thomas the Tank Engine Steam Set features:
- Exclusive to Japan
- For ages 3 and over
- Size (laid out): 685 x 545 x 170mm (26.9 x 21.4 x 6.6")
- 27 different kinds of sounds and dialogue (Japanese only)
- Includes Thomas, rail tracks, waterproof sheet, water tower, bridge, water overflow system and pool
- Power: AAA alkaline batteries x 2, AA alkaline battery x 1 (sold separately)
- Compatible with Takaratomy's Plarail system
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to understand)