The "multi" part of the Panasonic BF-MK10K-K Multi-Light Square Lantern is one of those very simple hacks that make you wonder why no one had thought of them before. But the truth is that this small (80 x 85 x 135 mm, 3.1 x 3.3 x 5.3") and light (270 g, 9.5 oz) lamp delivers its light in two directions, straight ahead and downward, allowing you to walk around even in the most dark environment without having to worry about where you step. Simple, right?
Actually, the Panasonic BF-MK10K-K Multi-Light Square Lantern can work in three modes: the one just described using both lights, plus two more (one for each of the lights), so you can customize it to your needs. It's powered by three AA batteries and its square shape allows the bottom light to come to the top if you want to use it as a tabletop lamp. As for the handle, it is mounted with a UNC 1/4"-20 camera-type screw so you can take it out and use the lantern with camera equipment (tripods, etc.).
Specs and Features:
- Suitable as portable light, flashlight, lamp, lantern, etc.
- Lights: 1 high power LED, 2 wide power LEDs
- Modes: front, down, both
- Illuminance: approx. 800 lux
- Luminous flux: 400 lumens
- UNC 1/4"-20 camera-type screw detachable handle
- Water resistance: splashproof
- Dimensions: approx. 80 x 85 x 135 mm (3.1 x 3.3 x 5.3")
- Weight: approx. 270 g (9.5 oz)
- Battery life: max. 320 hours
- Power: 3 AA batteries
- Comes with 3 Panasonic Evolta Neo AA batteries
- Instructions/manual: Japanese