Buddhism in an important part of Japanese culture and incense is an important part of Buddhism, so getting to know the different fragrances and appreciating them is something that many Japanese are good at. More discreet and less heavy than the more popular Indian version, Japanese incense usually comes from flowers and this is why it is an excellent choice for use at home. And if you want to explore several options in one set, the Nippon Kodo 4 Floral Incenses Variety Pack is the way to go!
The Nippon Kodo 4 Floral Incenses Variety Pack contains a quartet of flower-based scents: lotus flower, carnation, lavender, and white plum, each with its own character and suitable for different occasions. They come as sticks that take about 25 minutes to burn and have gone through a special process so they emit only minimal amount of smoke and can be used even in closed spaces. And they come from the artisans of Nippon Kodo, a company that has been making incense since the late 16th century!
Specs and Features:
- 4 fragrances: lavender, white plum, carnation, lotus
- Stick length: approx. 140 mm (5.5")
- Incense weight: lavender approx. 60 g (2.1 oz); white plum, carnation, and lotus approx. 54 g (1.9 oz)
- Burning time: approx. 25 min.
- Smoke emission: very little
- Box size: 188 x 263 x 40 mm (7.4 x 10.4 x 1.6")
- Box weight: approx. 650 g (22.9 oz)