You don't need to be a fan of the '60s to appreciate kaleidoscopes and the symmetrical patterns they create. There is also a good reason there are branches of Buddhism that use these types of images as mandalas for meditation, calming people's minds, and helping them focus. If you would like to try your hand at making one such picture, the Meditative Kaleidoscope Scratch Art Book is a great way to hone your scratch art technique and improve your mindfulness at the same time.
The way this works is that you pick one of the templates in the Meditative Kaleidoscope Scratch Art Book and use the included scratching pen (stylus) to etch away specific areas and reveal what is underneath. Unlike regular scratch art line drawings, though, here you uncover not just white but vividly colored motifs. Two of the six stunning pictures in the book are also holograms! Meditation isn't just about staring at a blank wall! Start clearing your mind and create amazing kaleidoscopic pictures!
The Meditative Kaleidoscope Scratch Art Book features:
- Contains 6 pictures/projects (2 are hologram style)
- Vividly colored
- Ideal for wellness, mindfulness, relaxing
- Trace the lines with the stylus to reveal the pictures
- Floral motifs
- Created by designer/illustrator Rin Nadeshico
- Dimensions: 320 x 450 mm (12.5 x 17.7")
- Includes scratching pen (stylus)
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)