There's a deep connection between sushi and conveyor belts. First (in 1958) came the kaitenzushi, the restaurants where sushi plates pass in front of the customers and they pick what they like. Now, from Takara Tomy, one of Japan's major toy makers, comes the Kurukuru Norimaki Sushi Factory, which brings together the fun of making sushi and the conveyor belt concept, allowing your children (or party guests!) to have their sushi without lifting a finger!
OK, that's exaggerating things a little: you actually need to fill the Kurukuru Norimaki Sushi Factory's stations with sushi rice, nori seaweed, and the toppings you want for your norimaki rolls. The other thing you is an AA alkaline battery. The little car in the Sushi Factory then goes around, making the stations prepare the rolls, loading them on the platform, and unloading them in front of you.
Specs and Features:
- For making makizushi/norimaki (sushi rolls)
- Can prepare up to 3 sushi rolls simultaneously
- Does not contain sushi ingredients
- No assembly required
- For ages 6 years and above
- Winner of the 2022 Excellence Award in the Japan Toy Awards Communication Toy category
- Dimensions: 580 x 85 x 475 mm (22.8 x 3.3 x 18.7")
- Power: 1 AA alkaline battery (not included)