It looks and feels nothing like your regular facial cleansing products. The reason is that the Konnyaku Shabon Takesumi Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Soap is something completely different, having as its main ingredient extract from the root of konnyaku (konjac), a member of the yam family that has been used for centuries in traditional Japanese cuisine. Foodies also know that, but what's still relatively unknown is that konnyaku has also been used in Japan for years as a skin cleanser because its jelly-like texture cleanses deeply with no abrasion to even the most sensitive skin!
There's another ingredient that makes the Konnyaku Shabon Takesumi Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Soap even more effective and it's right there in the name: takesumi, or bamboo charcoal, has more sebum-absorbing power than regular wood charcoal. Going deep into the skin's pores, it removes dirt and leaves behind moisture that makes your skin tighter and with a wonderful rosemary, bergamot, and hinoki cypress scent, all coming from natural ingredients (no synthetic fragrance or coloring substances)!
Specs and Features:
- Fragrance: rosemary, bergamot, hinoki cypress
- Weight: 80 g (2.8 oz)
- For skin types: dry, sensitive
- Contains bamboo charcoal
- Ingredients: water, glycerin, konnyaku (konjac) root extract, charcoal, white willow bark extract, cypress oil, Roman chamomile flower oil, bergamot fruit oil, rosemary leaf oil, marjoram leaf oil, marigold oil, artichoke leaf extract, etc.
- No synthetic fragrances or coloring agents
- Made in Tokyo's Asakusa area