While people are still debating whether spinach is indeed full of iron or if this is something we owe to the reputation of Popeye, the truth is that like all leafy green vegetables, spinach is indeed good for your health and especially for your gastrointestinal system. With our diet becoming more and more protein- and starch-dependent, anything that helps increase our vitamin intake can make a difference, and the Ito En Instant Spinach Juice is a delicious way to get your daily dosage of vitamin K. And yes, iron!
The Ito En Instant Spinach Juice contains 20 sachet packs in the narrow "stick" design that is very common in Japan because of their convenience. Each pack contains 3 g (0.1 oz) of finely powdered spinach blended with that most characteristic of all Japanese green teas, matcha. Just empty one of those packs in 100 ml (3.3 fl oz) of water, milk, or any other liquid (hot or cold) and you have a drink that's nutritious, tasty, and helps keep your stomach and intestines healthy!
Specs and Features:
- Recommended intake: 1 stick sachet per day
- Contains 20 stick sachets
- Main ingredients: spinach and matcha green tea
- Weight/pack: 3 g (0.1 oz)
- Energy (3 g pack): 9 kcal
- Protein (3 g pack): 0.4-1.3 g
- Fats (3 g pack): 0.06-0.2 g
- Carbohydrate (3 g pack): 1.5 g (carbohydrate: 0.7 g, sugar: 0.04-0.14 g, dietary fiber: 0.5-1.2 g)
- Salt equivalent (3 g pack): 0-0.048 g
- Potassium (3 g pack): 35-170 mg
- Calcium (3 g pack): 7-61 mg
- Iron (3 g pack): 0.51-1.19 mg
- Vitamin K (3 g pack): 41-144 μg