Iris Ohyama Double Hot Plate for Japanese Soul Food
Multiuse tabletop cooker for takoyaki, yakiniku, okonomiyaki, and more
The Iris Ohyama Double-Sided Hot Plate is not for classic Japanese cuisine. If you're looking for something to help you make sushi or tempura or the sticky rice that is in the heart of every Japanese meal, you won't find it here. But if you are looking for Japanese soul food - things like okonomiyaki savory pancakes, takoyaki octopus-filled batter balls, or gyoza dumplings - then look no further: these it does better than anything else on the market. And because it's basically a hot plate, it's also great for teppanyaki or yakiniku grilled meat.
What makes the Iris Ohyama Double Hot Plate so amazing is that it has two cooking areas, which means you can cook two types of dishes at once. You can even use one to make steam vegetables, since it also comes with a cover. For the plate, you can choose between three types (one with takoyaki molds and a plain and a dimpled plates for yakiniku BBQ - or bacon!). The temperature control is done by a slider, so you can get things exactly as hot as you want. Plus, the device is available in three colors to match your preferred style. If you are looking for a window into real home Japanese cooking, this is it!
The Iris Ohyama Double Hot Plate for Japanese Soul Food features:
- Great for cooking takoyaki, okonomiyaki, gyoza, teppanyaki, yakiniku, etc.
- Model: DPOL-301
- Colors: black, brown, red
- 3 plates: takoyaki, plain, dimpled
- Dimensions (open): approx. 65 x 33.6 x 9 cm (25.5 x 13.2 x 3.5")
- Dimensions (closed): approx. 15.9 x 33.6 x 34.3 cm (6.2 x 13.2 x 13.5")
- Weight: approx. 5.4 kg (11.9 lbs)
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power consumption: 1300 W (2 x 650 W heaters)
- Temperature settings: off, warm, 140-250°C (284-482°F)
- Power cable length: 1.8 m (5'9")
- Comes with cover for steaming
- Instructions: Japanese