An attendant to the famous feudal lord Uesugi Kenshin and his adopted son Kagekatsu, and a brave warrior and commander of other warriors in his own right, Naoe Kanetsugu is famous enough in Japan to have become the subject of major TV series, plus a character in various games, including Pokemon! If you would prefer to honor him in a more classical way, though, the Gingado Naoe Kanetsugu Helmet does that in exquisite style!
Made in Toyama Prefecture, not very far from the area where Kanetsugu was born, the Gingado Naoe Kanetsugu Helmet is a premium sample of the area's traditional metallurgy techniques and craftsmanship that go back 400 years. This beautiful replica is made of zinc alloy, die-cast brass, has gold plated parts, and comes with a display cushion (zabuton in Japanese) that brings out all its details. A true collector's item for any samurai culture enthusiast!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: 15 x 19.5 x 12.5 cm (5.9 x 7.6 x 4.9")
- Materials: zinc alloy, die-cast brass, gold plating
- Comes with display cushion
- Made in Toyama Prefecture's Takaoka using traditional metallurgy craftsmanship
- Made by Buddhist statue maker Gingado