The Doarin Door Chime adds another resonant note to someone's arrival at your door, a sound evoking the bells used in Buddhist temples. This isn't by accident, since its maker, Yamaguchi Kyujo of Toyama Prefecture, have been making bells for Buddhist temples and altars since 1908!
The Doarin Door Chime comes in three versions, ranging from a metallic silver to a charcoal black and dark and smoky wood color. Their frame is magnetic, so they attach to any metallic door, and they come with a metal base for attaching them to wooden doors. Though made with traditional craftsmanship, their design is quite modern and they can fit in with any contemporary setting. Their sound is warm and discreet, creating a pleasant homey atmosphere!
The Doarin Door Chime features:
- Dimensions: 3 x 5 x 9 cm (1.1 x 1.9 x 3.5")
- Colors: silver (metallic), black (charcoal), dark wood (smoky)
- Materials: copper alloy, brass, aluminum
- Includes metal base for wooden doors
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)
- Made in Japan