Bento lunchboxes are such a huge thing in Japan that there is practically no end to the models, shapes, sizes, colors, and designs available on the market, some of them extremely imaginative. But very few can match the AllGo Ho-on Bucket Lunch Jar in terms of functionality, ergonomic design, and heat retention, which is the main concern when it comes to lunchboxes. Especially if you don't have a microwave oven in the office and you want your lunch to stay warm as long as possible!
Not that the AllGo Ho-on Bucket Lunch Jar is not beautiful: it has a very simple but elegant style and is available in three colors (orange, blue, and beige) so you can choose the one you like. It has a total capacity of 55 liters split into a 0.28-liter container for the rice and a 0.27-liter container for the side dish, and is made of stainless steel to last longer. As for heat retention, when tested with 95°C (203°F) water, it managed to keep it very warm (down to 45°C/113°F) after six whole hours!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: orange, blue, beige
- Thermal insulation: 95-45°C (203-113°F) over 6 hours
- Dimensions: approx. 151 x 134 x 113 mm (5.9 x 5.2 x 4.4")
- Weight: approx. 410 g (14.4 oz)
- Capacity: 0.55 l (total), 0.28 l (rice container), 0.27 l (side dish container)
- Materials: stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene