Sea, rain, snow, typhoons... If there's one thing always in abundance in Japan, it's water in all its forms. Humidity is a big problem over here and particularly bad for the traditional Japanese bedding, the mattress and comforter sets collectively called futon: their cotton stuffing can get moldy very easily and this is why the Yamazen Electric Futon Dryer is one of the most useful things for any Japanese home. Or for any home anywhere with a humid atmosphere.
Using the Yamazen Electric Futon Dryer ZFB-500(W) is very easy: just add the futon nozzles, lay down the futon (or your comforter, or your mattress or your blankets - it works well with everything!), place the nozzles on it, set the time and the mode ("winter" or "summer"), and then let it take care of the rest. When the drier stops, you put the nozzles on a different part of the bedding and repeat. You don't even need to be there! It also has a special nozzle for drying wet shoes: just slip it in your shoes in and after a few minutes they will be as dry as the day you bought them!
The Yamazen Electric Futon Dryer features:
- Model: ZFB-500(W)
- Dimensions: 24.5 x 18 x 31.5cm (9.6 x 18 x 12.4")
- Operating power: AC100 V(50/60Hz)
- Power consumption: 525/550W (50/60Hz)
- Weight: 2.7kg (5.9 lbs)
- Timer: Up to 120 minutes
- Power cord length: 1.8m (5.9 ft)
- Two nozzles: one for futon, mattresses, comforters; one for shoes
- Two modes: summer, winter
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to operate)