There's no home in Japan without a rice cooker: the word for rice (gohan) is a synonym for "food" in Japanese and in the mind of all the inhabitants of Japan's islands, rice is the main item and everything else accompanies it. What you get with the Tiger JBS-A055 Rice Multi-Cooker, though, isn't just something to make your rice in. The reason this is called a "multi" cooker is that it can be used to prepare dozens of other things – from stews to roasts to soups to bread. Yes, all using in the same far-infrared pot!
This very pot being extra thick (3 mm/0.1"), so it can take even very high temperatures is the trick that makes the Tiger JBS-A055 Rice Multi-Cooker unique: besides being able to cook rice in many different ways (including the Ultra-Flavor Rice function that brings out all the aromas of the grain,) the pot can be used open for regular cooking and even for baking or roasting! Available in two matte colors (white or black), the Tiger JBS-A055 is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to do more with their rice cooker!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: black, white
- Dimensions: 24.7 x 27.8 x 19.2 cm (9.7 x 10.9 x 7.6")
- Height when lid is open: 38.6 cm (15.2")
- Weight: 2.7 kg (5.1 lbs)
- Pot thickness: 3 mm (0.1")
- High heat retention
- Rice cooker capacity: 3 cups (0.09-0.54 l)
- Far-infrared pot
- 12 functions: Eco Cooking, White Rice, Ultra-Flavor Rice, Quick Cooking, Frozen Rice, Unwashed Rice, Cooking, Brown Rice, High-Temperature Cooking, Cold Cooking, Bread Fermentation, Baking
- Materials: plastic, stainless steel
- Operating voltage: AC 100V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 350 W
- Instructions/manual: Japanese