It looks like a toy and certainly anyone over 10 years old who builds it will have enormous fun with it, but the Tamiya 4-Track Crawler is part of the Tamiya's educational line and is a great way to understand how vehicles with continuous tracks work and how they can overcome any type of obstacle. In the case of this particular vehicle, that "any type" is literal: with its four independent tracks, this crawler can climb over pretty much anything you put in front of it, in any kind of terrain.
The Tamiya 4-Track Crawler comes in contains all the pieces you need to assemble its body and tracks that move independently up and down and left and right, so it can move freely no matter what obstacle it comes across. It moves thanks to Tamiya's reliable 130 Motor (and a pair of household batteries), while the frame is also compatible with other models made by Tamiya, so you can get creative and end up with some amazing combinations. Easy to build (the pieces either snap into place or are screwed with a screwdriver) and to operate, this is a great project for everyone who loves machines!
Specs and Features:
- Model: 70247
- No. 247 in the Tamiya Fun Craft Series
- Self-assembly working vehicle kit
- Engine: Tamiya 130 Motor
- Screwdriver needed for assembly
- Compatible/combinable with other Tamiya models/vehicles
- Dimensions (assembled): approx. 200 x 103 x 100 mm (7 x 3.8 x 2.8")
- Power: 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Material: plastic
- For ages: 10 and over
- Instructions/manual: Japanese