It's a fact of life in Japan: people love talking about the weather! This explains why having an accurate thermometer and hygrometer is important. If this instrument can also be cute and original like the Nyankei Speaking Cat Thermometer then all the better!
You don't need to be a cat person to appreciate the Nyankei Speaking Cat Thermometer, which comes in calico or gray versions. Small and cute, it will tell you immediately the current temperature and humidity when you press down lightly on its head twice. If you press it once, it will offer various comments (in Japanese) about the weather in a more freestyle way using one of 90 different phrases. And if that's not enough for you, every 60 minutes it will talk automatically.
Moreoever, its tail will light red if it's too hot, yellow if it's hot enough, and green if it's pleasant. Heat stroke is a real danger during the Japanese summer and your cat wants you to be safe. Oh, and it won't bother you at night: its built-in sensor knows when it's dark so it goes to sleep like you do!
The Nyankei Speaking Cat Thermometer features:
- Colors: calico or gray
- Talks only in Japanese
- Two modes: Precise temperature/humidity information (one stroke); talking about temperature/humidity
- 90 different temperature/humidity-related phrases
- Temperature information provided (in Japanese) in degrees Centigrade; humidity in percentage
- Tail lights up in three colors: red (very hot weather), yellow (mildly hot), green (warm)
- Size: 60 x 105 x 72mm (2.3 x 4.1 x 2.8")
- Power: AAA batteries x 3 (not included)
- Made of ABS
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)