The Noh Mask Makeup Pouch is one of those items that you can only find in Japan. Not only because it's themed after one of the masks from Noh theater, the stage art form that is arguably Japan's most sophisticated. But because one of Japan's most revered Noh authorities, Kyoto Kanze Noh Theater, was involved in its creation, making it almost as authentic as the real thing. And because all this work has been put into what is a very modern item: a pouch to carry your makeup kit, with a zippered pocket and three oblong pockets to hold everything you need!
The mask that serves as the model for the Noh Mask Makeup Pouch is called a manbi, which means something like "immeasurably flirty" and is used to depict a woman who is extremely pretty but in an out-of-this-world way, often because in reality she's a demon that has taken human form. This is the reason that depending on the angle you look at it, the mask seems to change expression from sad to happy. A lot of attention has been given to the mask's details, including the back, which is a faithful representation of the real mask. An image of classic Japanese aesthetic that is a perfect fit for a beauty kit!
Specs and Features:
- Comes with 1 zippered mesh pocket for miscellaneous items, 3 oblong pockets for brushes, pencils, etc.
- Changes expression depending on the angle
- Reproduces front and back of actual mask
- Made in collaboration with Kyoto Kanze Noh Theater
- Dimensions: 20 x 13 x 3 cm (7.8 x 5.1 x 1.1")
- Materials: polyester, synthetic leather
- Special order: please allow 1-2 months for delivery