Since his appearance in the film that essentially launched the career of anime maestro Hayao Miyazaki, back in 1988, Totoro, the big forest spirit who becomes the friend of sisters Satsuki and Mei, has lent his likeness to countless products because, let's face it, he is really cute! The My Neighbor Totoro Tea Set is one such product (actually three) featuring Totoro (plus some Susuwatari sprites, one of Miyazaki’s trademarks) in various poses.
The My Neighbor Totoro Tea Set features Totoro on the lids and sides of the three canisters, which can be used for storing anything you like even after you have drunk their contents. Talking of which, instead of the usual flavors, these teas come in some very unusual blends: corn tea, mandarin orange green tea, and sweet potato roasted rice tea! And there's plenty to go around since each canisters contains eight teabags!
Specs and Features:
- Official Studio Ghibli merchandise
- Contains 3 tin canisters of tea
- Flavors: corn tea, mandarin orange green tea, sweet potato roasted rice tea
- Teabags/flavor: 8
- Set dimensions: approx. 234 x 103 x 78 mm (9.2 x 4 x 3")
- Weight/teabag (corn tea, mandarin orange green tea): 2 g (0.1 oz)
- Weight/teabag (sweet potato roasted rice tea): 3 g (0.1 oz)
- Made in Japan