If you're an anime fan, you don't need an explanation for why the My Neighbor Totoro Chenille Embroidery Pouch comes with a tab with the number 1988 on it: this was the year that Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki released their masterpiece My Neighbor Totoro, arguably the greatest anime classic of all time. But even if you aren't that hardcore and just love all things Japanese, you'll instantly recognize Totoro himself and his little brother on the side of this small but adorable accessory.
The My Neighbor Totoro Chenille Embroidery Pouch comes from Studio Ghibli itself, so you know the images have been created by the same people who brought the real Totoro to life. The chenille embroidery technique makes the figures look particularly dynamic, because it raises them more from the background fabric than standard embroidery. The back of the pouch is also beautiful, featuring an image of the Catbus on a black background, providing yet another reminder of the charming tale enjoyed by millions for over 30 years!
Specs and Features:
- Official Studio Ghibli merchandise
- Different embroidery on each side
- Gusset: approx. 6 cm (2.3")
- Inside pocket
- Tag with film's release date (1988)
- Dimensions: approx. 120 x 170 x 60 mm (4.7 x 6.6 x 2.3")
- Weight: approx. 33 g (1.1 oz)
- Materials: cotton (outer), polyester (inner)