Soba buckwheat noodles have been a staple of cuisine in Kanto, the eastern area of Honshu where Tokyo is, since the time Japan's capital was called Edo. A cheap and nutritious dish enjoyed by people for centuries, soba is not regarded as something fancy or opulent like Kyoto's kaiseki cuisine. The Multicolored Thread Soba is here to change that with noodles that are so beautiful they will turn a regular meal into a veritable work of art!
The Multicolored Thread Soba contains nine individually packed soba noodle portions of different colors and flavors. Red, green, orange, pink, white, gray, and red, not to mention extra thin, they look like balls of fine silk thread spun by a master craftsman. This last part is actually true, since they are handmade using a traditional Japanese noodle-making craft called tenobe. Each portion is 75 g (2.6 oz) and either as a main or as a side dish, they bring to your table a real touch of elegance like something out of French haute cuisine!
Specs and Features:
- Contains 9 individually packed soba noodle portions
- Colors/flavors: cherry blossom, pumpkin, purple sweet potato, paprika, matcha green tea, white/natural
- Weight: 9 x 75 g (2.6 oz)
- Box dimensions: 55 x 240 x 240 mm (2.1 x 9.4 x 9.4")
- Allergies: wheat
- Instructions/manual: Japanese