The Mg Box can generate electricity just by filling it up with water. This can be fresh water, seawater or even dirty water. It doesn't matter because this magnesium-air battery is a revolutionary new technology that can provide power even when there is no power source.
The large portable battery is an ideal item to have for emergencies. Furukawa Denchi know all about the necessity of this, since they are based in Iwaki City in Fukushima Prefecture, which was devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. The Mg Box generates no noise or emissions, and is the world's first magnesium-air battery in a convenient paper case.
The Mg Box Water-Powered Magnesium-Air Battery features:
- Battery x 1
- World's first magnesium-air battery with paper case
- Generates enough power to charge smartphone around 30 times
- Equivalent power to 32 D batteries
- Requires 2l (67.6 fl oz) of water
- Output: DC 5.0V, 300 Wh
- Ports: USB x 2
- Maximum current: 1.2A
- Operating time: max. 5 days
- Size: 233 x 226 x 226mm (9.2 x 8.9 x 8.9")
- Weight: 1.6kg (3.5 lbs) (without water)
- Instructions: Japanese