Candles came to Japan with Buddhism 1,400 years ago and are still very much connected to this particular religion and philosophy and its many different lines, some imported and some born in the Japanese islands. The lotus is one of the strongest symbols in Buddhist iconography and is often used as a pedestal on which the Buddha himself sits: it symbolizes the purity and perfection that comes after a struggle with mud and water, like the plant whose seeds are in the bottom of a pond but its flower is on its surface. The Kameyama Lotus Incense and Candle Set pays tribute to this powerful symbol.
Containing three beautifully made lotus-shaped candles and three boxes of lotus-scented incense sticks, this set gives your space a dose of floral Indian sandalwood-fragrance tranquility that calms you down even without meditating. If you are into meditation practice, each stick lasts for around 25 minutes, making it a very useful timer. The set contains a beautiful glass holder for the candles, also shaped like a lotus flower that brings to mind Buddhist imagery and showcases the work of the Kameyama candle craftsmen in the best way.
The Kameyama Lotus Incense and Candle Set features:
- Contains 3 lotus-shaped candles, 3 lotus-scented incense stick packs, 1 glass candle holder
- About 80 incense sticks/box
- Scent: floral white sandalwood
- Minimum smoke emission
- Dimensions (candle): 58 x 28 mm (2.2 x 1.1")
- Dimensions (incense stick box): 179 x 33 x 43 mm (7 x 1.2 x 1.6")
- Weight: 567 g (20 oz)
- Burn time (candle): approx. 2 hours
- Burn time (incense stick): approx. 25 minutes
- Materials: regular candle paraffin, glass