Its maker describes it as a starter kit and indeed, if you are new to the art of incense appreciation, the Jinko Juzan Aloeswood Incense lands you right in the heart of it. Before you even open it, the box itself, made of paulownia wood and covered with dark brown fabric, and boasting a calligraphic inscription with the words "Jinko Juzan" (Aloeswood from Long Life Mountain) and a "claw" closure, looks like something that has come out from the treasure house of a medieval Japanese courtiers residence!
But of course, it's the content that counts and the 60 sticks of Jinko Juzan Aloeswood Incense, at 56 mm (2.2") each, fill your space with the best aloeswood (or agarwood) fragrance, a scent that helps calm and relax you. That makes it perfect for short meditation sessions (each stick lasts for about 13 minutes), transporting you to a Buddhist temple in a mountain in Japan – just like those depicted on the ceramic base that also comes with this exquisite set.
Specs and Features:
- Sticks: 60
- Scent: aloeswood/agarwood
- Burn time: approx. 13 mins.
- Dimensions (box): 75 x 108 x 18 mm (2.9 x 4.2 x 0.7")
- Weight (box): approx. 70 g (2.4 oz)
- Stick length: approx. 56 mm (2.2")
- Comes in fabric-covered paulownia wood box with traditional claw closure and ceramic base