Even the most dedicated fans of My Neighbor Totoro, Hayao Miyazaki's first major success and still one of the best loved by audiences in Japan and all over the world, will find it hard to locate where the image on the Ghibli Museum My Neighbor Totoro Balloon Pen comes from: a pink Totoro standing on a field on a shiny day and watching the clear sky above it filling with multicolored balloons. Where does that come from? Is there another Totoro film somewhere that nobody has seen?!
No, there's not! But if you visit the Ghibli Museum in Tokyo's Mitaka and go to the women's restroom on the first floor, you'll see this pattern on the walls around you. Yes, the pen features the wallpaper from that room, making the Ghibli Museum My Neighbor Totoro Balloon Pen a truly special piece of Ghibli/Miyazaki lore and one that no fan of the great anime director's work can go without. And since it was made in collaboration with Penon, one of Japan's most famous stationery makers, it's an excellent gel-type 0.5 mm (0.02") ballpoint pen too!
Specs and Features:
- Official Ghibli Museum merchandise
- Collaboration with Penon pen manufacturer
- Ink color: black (gel type)
- Dimensions: approx. 126.5 x 7.7 mm (5 x 0.3")
- Ballpoint diameter: 0.5 mm (0.02")
- Weight: 7 g (0.24")
- Materials: PEFC forest-certified wood (incense cedar/hinoki cypress), stainless steel, polypropylene, brass
- Made in Japan