To most Westerners, the words "shrimp" and "Japan" usually bring to mind images of either sushi or tempura, but those who dig a little deeper know that the most popular shrimp dish in Japan is ebi fry, a breaded and deep fried shrimp with its red tail protruding from one end. The Fried Shrimp Folding Umbrella is a way to celebrate this dish while at the same time carrying an accessory that will make all heads turn – and it's a perfectly functioning rain or sun protection too!
When folded, the Fried Shrimp Folding Umbrella is just 26.5 cm (10.4"), so can fit easily in your bag. Not that you'll want to hide it away, though, since the whole fun comes from carrying it around slipped into its main bag, which is made to look like the fried shrimp's breaded coat. It comes with a second bag in white that you can use for storage to protect both the umbrella and the first bag. When open, the umbrella canopy is painted like shrimp flesh and its handle knob even resembles a shrimp tail!
Specs and Features:
- Handmade shrimp tail-shaped wooden knob
- Comes with 2 different bags for carrying/storage
- Outer ribs length: approx. 50 cm (19.6")
- Length (unfolded): approx. 55 cm (21.6")
- Length (folded): approx. 26.5 cm (10.4")
- Weight: approx. 190 g (6.7 oz) (including pouch)
- Materials: polyester 100%, aluminum, steel, glass fiber, wood
- Special order: please allow 1-2 months for delivery