After sushi, fugu (pufferfish or blowfish) is one of Japan's most famous sea foods, mostly because of the poison contained in its organs. In Japan, it's prepared by certified chefs who proudly demonstrate on their entrance their license to serve it. If you aren't in Japan - or you don't want the risk - you can still have a taste of this special delicacy with this pack of ten Torafugu Grilled Fins.
Perfectly safe to eat (the poison is in the fish's entrails), these grilled fins (yaki-hire) of a tiger pufferfish (torafugu) have been dried using infrared light and have been packed dry. All you need to do is moisturize them in a cup of sake (warm is best but room temperature and even chilled will also do) for 2-3 minutes and they are ready to eat. Torafugu Grilled Fins are a delicacy that will make you feel you're in an old-school izakaya in some Tokyo back alley. And with a pack of ten, there's plenty to go around!
The Torafugu Tiger Pufferfish Grilled Fin (10 Pack) features:
- Pack of ten
- Japanese torafugu (tiger pufferfish/blowfish) grilled fins (yaki-hire)
- Pack size: 9 x 13.5 x 3cm (3.5 x 5.3 x 1.1")
- Weight (per pack): 10g (0.3 oz)
- Keep away from high temperatures and humidity
- Expiration date: 12 months after production (if unopened)
- If opened, consume quickly
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to prepare)
- Made in Japan