There is something very basic about the Panasonic BF-AL05N-W Bulb LED Lantern: it brings to mind the electric bulbs as they were before the days of LED, when the word "bulb" actually described their shape. But make no mistake: shape aside, this is indeed a 21st-century LED lamp that gives you up to 1,100 hours of light, either as a bedside, nightstand fixture, or a portable lantern. And without you having to do anything except pick it up!
OK, that was an exaggeration: there actually are a couple of things you need do. First, you need to put in three AA batteries. Thankfully, the Panasonic BF-AL05N-W Bulb LED Lantern comes with a set of Panasonic Evolta Neo, the batteries with the highest performance and longest lifespan in the company's history. And then you need to put it in its case and push once for low mode and once more for high mode, depending on how much light you need. If you want to use it as a lantern, then just pick it up!
Specs and Features:
- Brightness modes: low, high
- Illuminance: approx. 0.3-10 lx
- Luminous flux: approx. 1-36 lm
- Dimensions: approx. 70 x 70 x 135 mm (2.8 x 2.8 x 5.3")
- Weight: approx. 180 g (6.3 oz)
- Continuous operation time: low approx. 1,100 hours, high approx. 60 hours
- Comes with 3 Panasonic Evolta Neo AA batteries
- Instructions/manual: Japanese