It was exactly 40 years ago that a group of software developers under designer Toru Iwatani created for the company Namco something that would change the world of arcade games forever. It was, of course, Pac-Man and to celebrate the characters journey through this four-decade maze, DJ and producer Ken Ishii and designer and director Yuichi Kodama created a song and music video clip called "Join the PAC." The Pac-Man 40th-Anniversary Commemorative is the jacket the dancers wear in the video and now it can be yours!
The Pac-Man 40th-Anniversary Commemorative is designed in the style of the sukajan jacket made popular in Japan after World War II and comes in two versions: one featuring Pac-Man himself and one featuring Blinky, the red ghost chasing him. The main design is on the back, together with the legend "The Coffee Breakers" (referring to the name of the group of dancers in the music video). It is made of satin for a glossy effect that makes the characters really stand out, and is available in four sizes. This is a limited-edition collectors' item, so get yours immediately - especially if you grew up in (or just love) the 1980s!
The Pac-Man 40th-Anniversary Commemorative Blouson features:
- Options: Pac-Man, Blinky
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- S: length 62 cm (24.4"), width 55 cm (21.6"), sleeve length 70 cm (27.5")
- M: length 65 cm (25.5"), width 58 cm (22.8"), sleeve length 73.5 cm (28.9")
- L: length 68 cm (26.7"), width 61 cm (24"), sleeve length 77 cm (30.3")
- XL: length 71 cm (27.9"), width 64 cm (25.1"), sleeve length 80.5 cm (31.6")
- Material: satin
- Wand-wash only at temperatures up to 40° C (104° F)
- Reproduction of the jackets worn in the Pac-Man 40th-anniversary music video "Join The Pac" by DJ and producer Ken Ishii DJ and producer Ken Ishii
- Designed by Yuichi Kodama, director of Pac-Man 40th-anniversary video and awardwinning UNICLOCK online ad campaign for UNIQLO
- Limited edition