The Otona no Kagaku Mini Letterpress Printing Press is the latest self-assembly kit in the popular Gakken series. As our lives become increasingly digitalized and dominated by electronic devices, it's an ideal time to look back at the analog techniques that have endured the test of time. Build this kit to create a relief printing press that allows you to print with either Roman alphabet letters, numbers, or Japanese hiragana characters. The results have a superb vintage texture. Simple yet effective, like all the best types of technology, you can experiment with printing in color and with non-character shapes. And as opposed to a real printing press that is bulky and heavy, this miniature one fortunately won't take up much space!
The Otona no Kagaku Mini Letterpress Printing Press features:
- Assembly kit for building a miniature letterpress printing press
- With Roman alaphabet, numerical, and hiragana characters
- Other tools and parts necessary included, such as handle, screwdriver, arm, roller, black ink, etc.
- Assembly time: est. 30 minutes
- Includes issue 45 of Otona no Kagaku magazine (A4, 56 pages)
- Instructions: Japanese (but with diagrams)